4Q 2009 Mobile VAS Data Released
Estimates on the Russian mobile value added services market for 4Q2009 is released. The data is available for download in "News and Data" section of our web-site. Below are some full-year 2009 mobile VAS highlights:
- Total Russian VAS market in 2009 reached RUR 122,396.1 mln (+27% Y-o-Y) or MUSD 3,920.9;
- 2009 VAS share in mobile revenues increased to 18.8 compared to 14.9% in 2008;
- Messaging revenue grew only 4% to RUR 49,808.4 mln;
- Revenue from Content and Data services reached RUR 32,437.6 mln (+45% Y-o-Y) and RUR 36,415.6 mln (+58% Y-o-Y) respectively.
Please note that starting 4Q2009 we publish operators' VAS revenue numbers calculated in accordance to the unified revenue allocation methodology.
January 2010 Cellular Statistics (Russia and Ukraine)
AC&M releases cellular subscriber estimates for Russian and Ukrainian markets.
- Number of subscribers (valid SIM cards) increased to 208.3 mln, up 0.4 mln from December 2009, 19.6 mln from January 2009;
- Penetration increased to 143.5% (up 0.3% from December 2009, 13.5% from January 2009);
- There were 190 and 187 SIM cards in use per 100 population in Moscow and St.Petersburg respectively as of January 31, 2010.
- Number of subscribers (valid SIM cards) increased to 55.3 mln, up 0.04 mln from December 2009, down 0.5 mln from January 2009);
- Penetration decreased to 120.3% (down 0.3% from December 2009, down 0.6% from January 2009).
Russia has more than 10 mln residential broadband connections
According to AC&M estimates, Russian broadband market passed over 10 million threshold by the end of September 2009.
There were 10.2 mn broadband accounts which translates into 19.5 connections per 100 households. Moscow is by far the largest market with 2.8 mn accounts and penetration around 64% while average penetration in Russian regions (outside Moscow and St.Petersburg) is evaluated at 14 per 100 households.
The detailed information on Russian residential broadband is available in Data Downloads section of our web site.
Market Data for June 2009
Today we published our monthly bulletin on Russian and Ukrainian cellular markets and our monthly estimates on number of accounts on Russian residential broadband market. You may find the data in MS Excel format in the Data Downloads section of the web-site. Please refer to the links below:
May 2009 Russian Residential Broadband Data
Today we released our estimates on Russian residential broadband market size.
Total number of residential broadband sibscribers in Russia is estimated at 9.44 mln. Comstar, Vimpelcom and Volgatelecom are the top players in the segment.
|10||Southern Telecom Co||395,000||402,000|
We are specifically emphasize that the numbers reported are residential accounts. The number of corporate connections is not included into our estimates. This may cause some difference with figures reported by operators who tend to combine residential and enterprise customers.
Total number of residential broadband sibscribers in Russia is estimated at 9.14 mln. Comstar, Vimpelcom and Volgatelecom are the top players in the segment.
Please refer to our Data Downloads section to get the original release.
May 2009 cellular data estimates, Russia and Ukraine
AC&M released its estimates on cellular market of Russia and Ukraine as of May 2009. Highlights of the market development in May are:
- Number of subscribers (valid SIM cards) increased to 194.7 mln, up 1.9 mln from April 2009, 23.8 mln from May 2008;
- Penetration increased to 134.1% (up 1.3% from April 2009, 16.4% from May 2008);
- There were 195 and 174 SIM cards in use per 100 population in Moscow and St.Petersburg respectively as of May 31, 2009.
- Number of subscribers (valid SIM cards) decreased to 55.1 mln, down 0.1 mln from April 2009, down 0.05 mln from May 2008);
- Penetration decreased to 119.5% (down 0.1% from April 2009, up 0.5% from May 2008).
Please not that penetration figures are calculated based on official numbers of population released by state statitical institutions of Russia and Ukraine.